This service enables the identification, localization and quantitation of post-translational modifications on a protein using a panel of three enzymes to maximize sequence coverage of the target protein.
- Sample preparation: In-gel digestion with trypsin, chymotrypsin and elastase.
- LC-MS/MS: 3 x 0.5hr LC-MS/MS
- Data analysis: Protein and PTM identification is performed with Mascot. Protein visualization and validation is performed with Scaffold. PTM Validation is performed with Scaffold PTM.
- Percentage occupancy can be approximated using Byologic (ProteinMetrics)
- Report generation: PDF/Excel/Scaffold + Scaffold PTM
The turnaround time is 2-3 weeks.
- Written Report containing details of your samples, our methods and a summary of the data.
- An Excel workbook containing the detailed qualitative and quantitative protein identification data.
- Scaffold and Scaffold PTMs file to enable your own deeper data mining.
An example report is available upon request.