Join us at MS Bioworks
Are you driven by curiosity, love to experiment, care about quality and like to have fun?
This could be the place for you.
Welcome to MS Bioworks
MS Bioworks is a leading provider of proteomics research services. We pride ourselves on using the latest technology, tools and techniques. Established in 2010 we have a broad customer base and serve scientists and researchers worldwide. The people who make this happen are dedicated individuals working together to meet our customers’ needs. We are a small business serving an expanding and demanding market.
We are always looking for bright, reliable, and energetic candidates for a variety of positions. If you enjoy the challenge and fulfillment of working in a dynamic, innovative, and resourceful private company, then review our current open positions below.
- Company sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored Employee Pension Program
- Generous vacation and sick leave policy
- Over 14 paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedules
- Casual dress
- Easy Free Parking
Ann Arbor is a city in the Midwestern state of Michigan. It is home to the sprawling University of Michigan, known for its research programs. Ann Arbor is a vibrant college town with wonderful parks, eateries, cultural events and seasonal activities. Nearby there are several small towns that offer easy access to the great outdoors with wonderful running and biking trails and the famous chain of lakes. Easy access to the Great Lakes for a weekend away or a week laid out on the beach make Michigan a fantastic place to live.
Email questions or resumes email@example.com for more information.
We are seeking a Research Assistant to join our contract research team. The Research Assistant will work in a small team setting to execute sample preparation projects related to protein analysis in a dynamic and high performing contract protein mass spectrometry laboratory. The role will primarily involve preparing samples for our routine production workflows. The ideal candidate will have strong organization skills, impeccable attention to detail, and the desire to work in a fast-paced contract research environment.
- Preparation of protein samples for analysis by mass spectrometry proteomics.
- Oversee laboratory supplies inventory and maintain sample archive.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Development and optimization of standard operating procedures for new and existing workflows.
- BS in Biological Sciences or Chemistry
- 3+ years of hands-on laboratory experience
- Experience with SDS-PAGE
- Experience working within small technically orientated teams
- Strong work ethic, organization skills, and attention to detail
- Industry Experience in a research laboratory or contract/production setting.
- Experience with analytical biochemistry techniques and mass spectrometry.
- $45K gross per annum
- Health Insurance (Starts Day 1)
- Self employment pension (SEP) participation
- 2 weeks Vacation (non-cumulative)
- 2 weeks Sick leave (non-cumulative).
- Bonus program at owners discretion.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented PhD-level Proteomics Scientist to join our interdisciplinary Proteomics team. The scientist will have a background in mass-spectrometry and hands-on experience in performing mass spectrometry based proteomics experiments.
Successful candidates will be highly creative and goal-oriented scientists that seek scientific challenges and have a passion for mass spectrometry-based proteomics.
- Experimental design and laboratory execution of biochemical and mass-spectrometry based assays including quantitative bottom-up proteomics (TMT, SILAC and label free), and chemoproteomics workflows (IP-MS, activity-based proteomics).
- Expertise in preparing samples including protein isolation from mammalian cells, human tissues and/or fungal extracts, sub-cellular fractionation, immuno- or chemical affinity enrichment to selectively enrich proteins from complex biological systems
- Familiar with or interested in automation of workflows including protein digestion, desalting, peptide quantitation and chemical labelling of peptides for multiplexing
- Routine usage of Thermo Orbitrap mass spectrometers, Waters nanoscale chromatography systems, multi-dimensional LC fractionation and high-throughput quantitative proteomics methodologies such as TMT®, SILAC and/or Label-free approaches
- Conduct independent research and demonstrate scientific leadership within the project team and across departments. Collaborate with all the functions within the Company to advance our science
- Proficient in MS instrument maintenance, troubleshooting and performance evaluation
- Mass Spectrometric data analysis using Xcalibur, Proteome Discoverer, MaxQuant, Skyline software for both Data Dependent (DDA) and Independent (DIA) methods
- PhD in biochemistry, chemical proteomics, or related disciplines with 2+ postdoctoral experience
- Expertise in mass spectrometry-based proteomics, including MS method development for DDA and DIA, large proteome profiling, post-translational modification (PTM) analysis, peptide mapping, protein-protein interaction, chemoproteomics etc.
- Knowledge of proteomics principles and hands-on expertise in technologies such as bottom-up and top-down mass spectrometry-based applications for in-vitro quantitative proteomics including setting up novel MS methods
- Experience in targeted proteomics (PRM/SRM)
- Experience with basic biology and biochemistry techniques, such as cell lysing, protein extraction and identification
- Creative and independent scientific thinking to solve complex technical and scientific problems. Spirit of collaborative research to enable success in a team environment
- Excellent written, organizational and documentation skills. Ability to communicate progress effectively with colleagues across several scientific disciplines and managers
- A strong record of achievement, including publications in high-impact journals
- The successful candidate should be self-motivated, enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment, and be inspired to develop and apply new technologies to advance projects efficiently