This service enables the quantitative and qualitative analysis of complex samples such as cell lysates, tissue homogenates or biofluids. The results from this experiment provide a catalogue of the proteins present in all samples and a statistical analysis reflecting the changes in the protein levels observed across the samples, along with associated pathway information. The amount of instrument time for each service is 2, 3, 4 and 24hrs for MSB-15, 16, 17 and 18, respectively. Broadly speaking the greater the amount of instrument time, the greater the number of proteins identified and higher the sequence coverage of those proteins. To help you understand the relationship between instrument time and sensitivity we have provided service note with a simple ruler.
- Sample preparation. Protein extraction, trypsin digestion, and pooling using a custom matrix.
- LC-MS/MS. 8x3hr LC-MS/MS using a ThermoFisher Fusion Lumos mass spectrometer.
- Data analysis: Protein Identification and quantitation with MaxQuant. Differential analysis with Perseus.
- Report generation: PDF/Excel
The turnaround time is 2-3 weeks.
- Written Report containing details of your samples, our methods and a summary of the data.
- An Excel workbook containing the detailed qualitative and quantitative protein identification data.
An example report is available upon request.